Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hospital tour, anxiety, and getting closer!!

We went to the hospital tour and of course Nick was bored because he see's that everyday. The rooms are nothing special at all and quite small but in all honesty what will i care at that moment in time. It didnt increase or decrease my anxiety. It was extra funny that my OB was sitting up there when we toured. I told the baby he better not get any ideas :)

My anxiety is at an extreme level. I had a melt down the other day. As i stated before it is not because im nervous about becoming a mommy because i have all the confidence in the world that i can do that. Im worried about the labor process, the pain, the length and the what ifs. If i hear "Women do it everyday" one more time i think i may go off. I have been in complete silence about the overwhelming anxiety i have. I have an upcoming GBS test this week as well as a growth ultrasound. Im terrified of the GBS test and i cannot really get into detail without including too much information. Sometimes it would be comforting to know that im not the only one out there who has all of these physical barriers and pain problems.

Tomorrow i only have four weeks left. I cannot believe it literally. I love feeling him kick and move around in there and the aches and pains and sleepless nights are so worth it right now. I cannot wait to meet him but he needs to stay put until February for sure. Nick is more then excited to meet his little boy. Im excited and terrified all together and just overall concerned about the day i have him. My one and only support will be Nick and it will be that way until family starts to arrive the following week. Thats all for now until my appointment on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. To hopefully ease your fears a little about the GBS test, I just had mine done 2 weeks ago. I felt it less then the annual exams. They literally just swab around the outside and you're done. Don't stress yourself out more then you need to be at this time.

    ReplyDelete