Wednesday, August 26, 2009

14 weeks and 5 days...

We had sort of an emergency ultrasound today. I have been on bedrest the last week already due to bleeding. The bleeding is still continuing and throw that in with morning sickness kicking up again as of monday and thats how you get an ultrasound. The ultrasound revealed that i have placenta previa which means the placenta is detaching from the wall. The only way for it to be healed is with bedrest. So im on for two more weeks until i have another ultrasound.

The worst part is hearing "threatened miscarriage" from my doctor. She stated that it may or may not happen. Anytime there is bleeding involved its better to be aware that it could happen. Since im already so emotional these days, that just added to it. Nick and I are praying that the baby continue to grow and that this can begin to heal or reattach. She did say due to the complications that I am having that i am high risk and i will most likely deliver prematurely. A C-section is very possible at this point and she stated most people who have placenta previa have c-sections like 99% of them.

We really could use any and all prayers. I especially am a natural worrier and worry about everything and as much as i appreciate people telling me to relax it doesnt work. I mean how would you feel if you felt like something awful could happen at any moment. The unknown is very scary. By the time i go back to the dr i will have been on bedrest for 3 weeks. I cannot even imagine because ive only been on it for a week and im already going nuts! So if you ever see me around online feel free to talk to me because i guarantee i will be extremely bored!

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Nick and the baby.

    ReplyDelete